Submission Deadline September 16, 2018
In order to exploit new technologies that are environmentally friendly the XXIV World Congress of Asthma introduces the use of electronic posters (e-Posters) displayed on computer screens instead of printed on paper. Therefore all accepted abstracts for Poster Presentation will be scheduled as e-Posters.
All electronic poster presenters should send their presentation no later than September 16, 2018. No e-Posters will be accepted after the deadline.
All e-Posters will be displayed in the e-Poster area. The e-Posters will be displayed on multimedia screens available for e-Posters only. Multiple e-Posters will be available on each screen. On one screen the Slides will be advanced by mouse click and as a running presentation on the other . The e-Posters can be looked up by poster number, title, category or presenting author name.
Besides being displayed onsite, all e-posters will be made available for viewing on the conference website for up to one month after the conference, if the presenting author so wishes.
Formats that can be used
- All submissions must be in MS-PowerPoint format.
- The PowerPoint file must have the .ppt or .pptx suffix to be accepted.
- Only one PowerPoint file may be submitted per electronic poster.
- e-Posters will be viewed on 55’’ LCD screens (47.9’’ x 27’’).
- Screen ratio: 16:9. In Microsoft Office 2013 the default format is now 16:9 but if you are using older versions you must change the slide master BEFORE you create your e-Poster.
- Page set up: 90x120cm.
- Avoid using small images and text if possible. For images, you can use format .jpeg or .png with 72 or 96 dpi resolution and similar size.
- Landscape format.
- The electronic poster sessions will have no connection to the internet. Therefore Hyperlinks should be removed.
- Animated images, animations and animated slide transitions are not permitted for e-Posters and will be non-functioning.
- No audio speakers will be available, so please do not include audio in your presentation
- Maximum 5 slides can be uploaded for each E-Poster
- File size limit is 24 MB. You may send your file with WeTransfer through the following link: wetransfer.com to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The final electronic poster will be subject to quality control.
IMPORTANT: Please note that WCA 2018 policies do not allow displaying pharmaceutical products or company logos anywhere on your e-poster.
The disclosure statement submitted together with the abstract will be published online at the Meeting website, and you should include the statement on the first slide of your e poster.